IMPROV 103: Improv For Business
Improv 103 applies the basics of comedy improvisation (team-building, agreement, active listening, spontaneity, and relationship dynamics) to professional development. Whether you're an entrepreneur, manager, salesperson, or MBA student, you will benefit from DSI's "Yes, And" approach to workplace communication and organizational development.
Improv 103 students will learn:
- how to be fearless and funny public speakers;
- how to cultivate a mindset (and practice) of unconditional support and positive thinking;
- how to use spontaneity to tap into your creative potential;
- how to be more "present," both at work and at home; and
- the art of non-verbal communication.
See how improv can make you more effective, fun, and collaborative in the workplace! You'll benefit from the experience of a program that has trained hundreds of business professionals from across North Carolina.
Class runs for 2 hours each week, followed by networking "office hours" at a local bar.
No comedy or theater experience necessary. FREE show admission while enrolled.
- Wednesday, March 1st @ 7PM
- Wednesday, March 8th @ 7PM
- Wednesday, March 15th @ 7PM
- Wednesday, March 22rd @ 7PM
- Wednesday, March 29th @ 7PM
- Wednesday, April 5th @ 7PM
Student Showcase: Tuesday April 18th @ 7PM
Instructor Bio: Zach Ward
Zach Ward, owner and Artistic Director of DSI Comedy, founder and Chief Optimist of YesAndLife, founder and Executive Producer of the NC Comedy Arts Festival, has consulted and delivered programs internationally for clients including TEDx, Procter & Gamble, Comcast, Motorola, Cisco, Biogen, GSK, Old Navy, YMCA, and Citrix. Zach has developed a passion for applied improvisation & comedy over the last 20 years, and, for more than a decade, an obsession with compassion, empathy, organizational development and business. In addition to professional speaking, coaching and team building, Zach provides comedy talent for events all across the country. He practices “Yes, And” with his own employees, and with his 4 year-old son, every day.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org